My reaction to chapter 2 - The Desert



Reading the second part of the chapter, it was even more difficult to tell what the mother was attempting to do. Although the mother seemed high-class in the last chapter, the family as a whole was outcasted. I could not understand the reason why she was unable to get out of the father’s hands, for she knew it was better to take her to the hospital, in the case of a burn. I especially felt the pain for 3-year-old Jeanette that this was only the world she knew to live in. If she was in a clean, quiet (at least not in the uncomfortable noise) environment, she would have been a more mature child in a better way, not risking her small self to cook a hotdog for herself. Since 2 of my sisters at home are 6 and 2 and a half years old, I could not stop wishing that a young innocent child, just like Jeanette was raised in a more supported environment. 

Comments

Popular Posts