My first impression of Yale

    As I walked through the Phelps Gate, I saw the astonishment of a "real Harry Potter". The architectural beauty of the classic atmosphere was what I had here at Yale, yet I still find it difficult to put into words, what my sights had caught. The harmony created by the multicultural students, along with the natural views, was totally different from what I had been through in my home university.  

As I explored some areas, I came to realize the tremendous size of the campus. At first, it was even difficult to recognize Schwartzman Center as the Yale campus. The styles of campus were various country styles, such as the Schwartzman Center seemed Greek, and the literature building seemed a little German. These brought me back to my memory of travelling in my childhood. The cool yet comfortable breeze pushed me to walk around the campus, discovering the new faces of Yale.


Personally, I longed to see the libraries at Yale. For this reason, I was overwhelmed by coming across the white modern architecture of the Beinecke Library, and the church-like Sterring memorial library. Each of the bookshelves was gorgeously decorated and the books purely seemed as if they belonged to where it was meant to be. The fulfilment of being surrounded by this environment was one of the rare emotions that I had encountered in my life. 

Being a part of YSS student, I felt a sense of unity among the students as well as the campus. Since the dormitory is very close to the classes, the campus life and the private life are kept almost in one place. This kept me fully active in the new environment. The staff and the students living around the same area, made me feel very secure, although US was a new experience for me. 

Comments

  1. I am extremely happy that you are already comfortable, exploring the campus, finding the libraries, enjoying the proximity of class to living quarters. I predict many adventures for you in the next five weeks, and may you enjoy them all. It will be a pleasure having you in so many of my classes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts